Thursday, May 19, 2011

MC - Day 1

OK so here I am.  It's been one full day since I started this.  Here are my comments.

Laura and I woke up yesterday feeling pretty good (even though I started AF, aren't I lucky), we had no major "issues" during the night from the Senna Tea.  We drank our first "Saltwater Flush" together standing in my kitchen!  It was actually quite funny (everything usually is for us when we are together).  I have to say that the SWF is NOT THAT BAD!  The Light Grey Celtic Sea Salt is so mild that it goes down pretty well.

Then the waiting began.......and the two of us were in respective bathrooms on and off for the next 30 minutes.  Let's just say we both "eliminated" some things!  OK enough of that.  Don't want to gross people out with TMI.

Laura made our first morning's worth of the "lemonade."  Again, I have to say it does not taste that bad.  Maybe because I like spicy things (the cayenne is definitely a little tangy!).  She went off to work and I went off to my day with my girls.  I was fine until around 2 pm.  My hunger was really kicking in.  Thank goodness I had Laura to talk me down and encourage me to drink more juice or more water.  Which I did.  I still didn't feel that great but I powered through it.

I drank 8, 8 oz. glasses of the lemonade yesterday and a few glasses of water.  In addition, and this is against the MC rules, but I am not an idiot.  I ate some raw almonds and a 1/2 cup of organic, casein free, gluten free, brown rice pasta.  Each of those items are "simple" foods that are easily digested and often used in other cleanses in which you can actually eat.  It was worth eating a few almonds rather than being super irritable and nasty.  Remember if mom isn't happy, no one is happy! 

This cleanse is mostly for people who want to lose a significant amount of weight.  It won't say that in the book or the website, but all of the reading I did on the site, almost everyone who has a profile on there is looking to lose weight.  And A LOT of it.  Not everyone but most.  I am not looking to lose 50 pounds.  And I am really not into completely STARVING your body.  I am smarter than that.  This is why I ate a few almonds.  They are a super food for goodness sake!

As a treat I had a cup of organic peppermint tea before bed.  It was a great way to end the day. 

I will update you on Day 2 soon!  Thanks for your comments and texts of support so far!

FYI:
5/18 weight - 152.1
5/17 weight - 148.7

No comments:

Post a Comment