Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Master Cleanse - Final Thoughts

Thanks to all of you who supported me during this adventure!  Thanks to my BFF Laura for talking me down some pretty high buildings at times!  And of course to my hubby for his words of encouragement too.  Remember, I only did 7 days, you are supposed to do it for 10.  And of course you are not supposed to eat ANYTHING - but I noshed on whole, raw, organic almonds throughout the day as needed.  Cause I could - and I wanted to!

Here are some final thoughts.

1.  Make sure you are prepared for the cleanse.  Buy all the ingredients a few days before you begin.  If you are someone who does not have a very healthy diet, I would recommend slowly eating "clean" and light a few days before the cleanse.

2.  The first day was the hardest for me both mentally and physically - I was exhausted and very, very hungry.

3.  Drink AT THE MINIMUM 10 glasses of the lemonade a day.  This way you will not be so hungry by nightime.

4.  The hardest part of the day was from 3 pm to around 8 pm.

5.  Do the cleanse when you have NO social commitments.  Do not put yourself in situations where you are surrounded by food and drink!  It was way too hard for me to sit and watch my friends eat and drink while I sat there and sipped on freaking cayenne pepper!  ;)

6.  Give yourself ample time to poop in the morning after the SWF - cause your gonna need it!

7.  Keep a journal or some sort of notes during the cleanse.

8.  Do yoga, hot, if you can.

9.  Get a massage.

10.  Do the cleanse with someone - you will need a support person.  If I didn't have Laura I would have never finished!

11.  Use FRESH squeezed lemon juice.  Why?  Because it tastes so much better and the "live" enzymes that are released as you squeeze them are what really work on detoxifying your body.

12.  Do not make the lemonade too far ahead of time - it loses its detoxing effects the longer it sits in the fridge.

13.  Buy the book and use it as a reference.  "Lose Weight, Have More Energy and be Healthy" by Peter Glickman.  Also - refer to the website as a reference too - http://www.themastercleanse.org/.


I will think of more later!

Thanks again and good luck to anyone who does the cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment