Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Soba Noodles with Tahini and Sesame Seeds

This recipe is from The Eat Clean Diet Recharged!  (p. 357)

Fresh, clean ingredients!

Soba Noodles!

Done and Delish!

INGREDIENTS:

2 tbsp tahini
2 tbsp almond butter (or any other natural nut butter)
2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
1 tbsp agave nectar
2 tbsp low-sodium tamari (I use Braggs Amino Acids)
1 tbsp roasted sesame seed oil
1, 8 oz package soba noodles cooked according to packaging
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted (black or white or combo)
sea salt, to taste


INSTRUCTIONS:

  • In a medium saucepan combine tahini, almond butter, brown rice vinegar, agave nectar, tamari, and sesame seed oil.  Whisk mixture over gentle heat until well combined and a smooth sauce results.
  • Add cooked soba noodles to sauce and toss to coat.  Sprinkle noodles with toasted sesame seeds and season with sea salt.
  • Substitute peanut butter or cashew butter for the almond butter. 
  • Add some Saracha for a little kick.
  • Add any veggie you would like and/or chicken or shrimp.  Tasty!

Libby's Note:  I have made this several times.  It is quick and easy.  You can add anything you want to this dish.  I often make this dish when I am "cleaning" out my fridge.  I throw whatever I have in my fridge in it and it is always delish.  It also is very good as a leftover. 

1 comment:

  1. Most of this book's recommendations are familiar to me now that I've been reading and experimenting with healthy cookbooks for a while. It's a bit more stringent on the no-fat requirement than I'm used to, but it's all about good carbs, good fats, and combining carbs with lean protein to keep us feeling full. Where Agatston's South Beach Diet recommends three meals with careful snacking between, Ms. Reno replaces that with five or six small meals spaced throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete