Thursday, January 20, 2011

HARDCORE FITNESS/KwiKross

I am so mad!  I started to feel a little sick yesterday (sore throat/headache).  When I woke up this morning, I still did not feel well.  Sam (my bro) took Mary to dance class and Abby and I are just chilling at home. 

I am going to try to lay low until Sunday.  I CANNOT be sick for the AFC Championship!  And we better win because we already booked our flights and hotel rooms for the Super Bowl in Dallas!  WOOT!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

As if anyone really even reads my blog, but if you do...my friend Amy and I have been talking about starting our own fitness center/training business.  Until our house is completed (hopefully May), we are not going to find a space to house this business, but we are going to try to start promoting our program.  Amy has been creating workouts for the past few years.  They are amazing.  She is in wicked shape and looks absolutely fantastic.  She is super lean and very hot!  =)  Love you Ames!  The workouts combine HIIT, Yoga, MMA and Bootcamp style interval moves.  Check out her blog for more details...

http://amylynncircuittraining.blogspot.com/

She came up with the name "Hardcore Fitness" and I developed the name "KwiKross."  Why?  Because what we do is quick and very, very challenging and it is a cross between several types of training types.  You burn an incredible amount of fat in a very small amount of time.  AND can burn up to 1000 calories in just one hour long workout.  Also, in a short amount of time you will see definition in your arms and abs like you never have.  

I used to be the girl who would be on the elliptical or treadmill for an hour and then do some weight training 4-5 times a week.  I would wonder why I wasn't seeing any changes in my body.  About a year ago, I started eating "clean" and started working out with Amy.  Literally in about 6 weeks, I had definition in my arms and for the first time, actually felt confident enough to wear a bikini.  No, not a mom bikini (that I had been wearing since having two kids in 2 years) but a cute, sexy BIKINI!  I went to Ft. Lauderdale in March of 2010 with my sister-in-law (who, by the way, is 42 and has an 8 pack so I had no choice but to get in shape if I was going to laying on a towel next to her).  =)

Like most of my friends who are moms and everyone else who has kids - when do you find time to workout?  I get asked this all the time.  It's simple.  I am NOT at the gym for 2 hours.  I am there for MAYBE an hour and 15 minutes including dropping and picking my kids up at the kids area.  We get in and we get out.  For about 45 minutes you are working very, very hard and are sweating your ass off and gasping for air.  BUT - it is never the same workout but it is ALWAYS fun! 

I knew it was working when people started commenting on my arms.  NO ONE HAS EVER said anything to me about them - EVER.  Even when I was playing soccer in college and working out and lifting.  NOTHING.  I have had a total body transformation.  And no, I do not work for P90X and I am not getting paid a dime to say any of this - I SWEAR! 


One thing that Tosca Reno talks about in all of her books is:

"BODY BEAUTIFUL/BODY HEALTH FORMULA"

80% is your nutrition.  In other words, how you look and feel depends on what you are eating.

10% is your training or workout routine.  SHOCKED?  So was I.

10% is genetics. 


Do what I did - start eating clean, STOP going to the gym for hours and start doing interval workouts. 

YOU WILL HAVE MORE ENERGY, YOU WILL LOOK GREAT AND YOU WILL FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF!

GO!

2 comments:

  1. Anytime I can follow a Pittsburgh blog I will =) I'm in training for a bikini comp but definitely want to try these types of workouts in my off season. My difficult areas are my abs (three kids, three c-sections=yuck!) and my hammy/glute tie in. Working hard at it though! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete