Monday, January 17, 2011

Pan Seared Sesame Seed Crusted Halibut with Sauteed Spinach and Organic Rice Pilaf - Original Recipe

Absolutely Divine


One night last week I wasn't very motivated to cook.  When M got home, he asked what was for dinner and I told him I had no idea!  That was around 6 pm.  By 6:30 we were sitting at the table eating this fabulous and very easy meal!  I had some Halibut in the freezer (I always keep some fish in my freezer for this exact reason).  I had a huge bin of raw, organic spinach in the fridge (always have that in the fridge too).  And in my pantry were a few boxes of rice pilaf (always keep it stocked too).

I decided to marinate the fish in some Braggs Amino Acids, agave nectar, garlic powder and a little bit of sea salt and pepper.   I put it in the fridge while I cooked everything else.

I sauteed the spinach (see older post) with some Light Virgin Olive Oil, sea salt, pepper and fresh minced garlic (takes 5 minutes).

Cooked the pilaf according to the packaging (15 minutes).

I put the broiler on...while that heated up, I removed the fish from the fridge and coated it with a mixture of black and white sesame seeds.  Pan seared it for about 3-4 minutes/side and then I slipped it in the oven and broiled it for about 5 more minutes.

In a matter of minutes, literally, M and I were eating a meal that looked (and tasted for that matter) like we were in a fine dining restaurant.  Seriously!  The fish was juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside.  The flavor of the spinach and the sesame seeds was ridiculous!  It just goes to show that you do not need super expensive, labor intensive ingredients to have a delicious and very nutritious meal.  Get back to basics and eat naturally and clean and I guarantee you will never go hungry and always enjoy the food you consume!

I think M ate his entire plate in a matter of seconds.  I always know he really likes my meals when he eats it quickly and doesn't speak word while doing so!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment