Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Day So Far

Today has been a good day so far and it is only 12:54!  Not saying much, but still a good day.  I started my day with the usual - a cup of coffee (Hazelnut) with some agave nectar and a lil whole milk.  My breakfast was a smoothie:

INGREDIENTS:

Mix of frozen, organic blackberries, blueberries, raspberries and strawberries
1 cup plain Kefir
1 scoop of vanilla, whey protein powder
1 scoop ground, golden flax seed
A lil OJ (as needed)

Blend together all at once in a blender (on liquefy).  I have to be honest - this was not my best smoothie, BUT it was still drinkable and kept me full for my workout.  I think the berries were a little on the sour side.  I should have added some agave nectar to sweeten it up but I was short on time. 

I have not been to the gym since January 2.  As M so delicately pointed out to me last night.  ;)  But I was waiting to see if I was pregnant and there was so much to do around the house.  Excuses, excuses. I know.  Anyhow - I could not go last week because of the m/c.  But I felt pretty good both mentally and physically this morning so I met Amy and worked out this morning.  Nothing like throwing yourself into a workout...YIKES!

It was titled "Total Body Assault and Battery."  Great name Ame.  Here it is...

http://amylynncircuittraining.blogspot.com/2010/03/circuit-training-57.html

It was BRUTAL!  I forgot to bring my heart rate monitor/calorie counter...but one of the guys who trained with us today (who is 70 mind you) said his read 609 calories.  We were sweating like little piggies...I felt great after!

I came home and was pretty hungry.  I decided to make a giant salad.  And I drank a giant glass of water.  Very tasty.  Mu is watching Toy Story 3 and I may take a 15-20 power nap.  =)

  • Raw, organic spinach
  • sweet butter lettuce blend
  • carrots
  • celery
  • red cabbage
  • chick peas (tons)
  • a lil sprinkle of toasted onions
  • homemade balsamic vinaigrette
My nap was fabulous.  When I woke up I had an apple with about 20 almonds as a snack.

For dinner I made Turkey Tacos with clean, homeade taco seasoning...recipe adapted from http://www.cleaneatingclub.com/

INGREDIENTS:

1 lb. ground turkey breast
2 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. paprika
3 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 cup water

TOPPINGS:

plain greek yogurt
chopped jalapenos
shredded cheese
beans of your choice (pinto tonight)
lettuce
tomatoes, chopped
fresh cilantro

INSTRUCTIONS:

I stopped using the pre-made seasoning that comes with a taco dinner box about a year ago.  Have you ever read the ingredients in it?  Gross.  So I found this great recipe for clean taco seasoning.  It is so easy and very flavorful.  It can get a little spicy with the red pepper flakes so be careful.

Brown the turkey meat in a sautee pan and add all ingredients stirring/cooking until meat is cook through.  Bake the taco shells according to the packaging.  Arrange toppings on the plate.  Enjoy!


Mmmm Fresh Toppings


Ground Turkey


My plate...a taco, some greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) with cilantro and some Saracha!


Tacolicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment