Monday, February 27, 2012

Lenten Recipe - Cilantro Tilapia

I am going to try and post a Lenten recipe each week.  I love cilantro.  I can eat it raw, I love it on my tacos, in my dips, on my salads, I make my own cilantro dressing, etc, etc.  I always have it in my fridge.

Since it was the first Friday of Lent, I bought some Tilapia.  I didn't want to make anything extravagant - I knew I was going to make some Quinoa and I had two bags of fresh spinach.  This dish is super easy to make and very filling/flavorful.  This is an original recipe.  Enjoy!
















Cilantro Tilapia (or any other white fish could be used)

Ingredients:

1 bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
juice of 3 limes
3 pieces Tilapia
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
kosher salt to taste
black pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil

Directions:

In a large bowl combine all ingredients and toss to mix.
Place Tilapia in bowl to marinate in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
Preheat saute pan to medium heat.
Add entire bowl into pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, turning fish once.
Serve hot with quinoa and sauteed spinach or anything else for that matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment