Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Another Smoothie Recipe

When I make my smoothies, I often just throw stuff in the blender without a recipe.  Sometimes they are delicious and sometimes not so much.  I made this one yesterday and wanted to make sure I posted it because it was very good and very filling.  I shall name it Bananas for Blueberries, corny I know.

Bananas for Blueberries

1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 frozen banana (I will usually take bananas that look a lil over ripe and chop them up and put them in the freezer).
1 scoop plain Whey protein powder (my favorite brand is "Now Sports" because it only has THREE ingredients)
1 cup plain Kefir
I cup unfiltered, pure apple juice (Trader Joe's makes a GREAT one)
1/2 cup oat bran (this will give the smoothie a little texture, but is a great ingredient to keep you full)

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment