Thursday, May 10, 2012

Protein Salad

I love salads.  Any type of salad.  I could eat a salad from breakfast, lunch and dinner.  A lot of times Mike and I will just eat a giant salad for dinner and throw whatever we have in the fridge in the bowl.  If it is getting close to grocery shopping time, I will almost always make a salad the night before and "clean out" the fridge with all the veggies, any type of greens, meat, beans or fruit that I can find.

Someone once told me eating a salad at dinner time is a great way to detox (wink wink if you know what I mean) your body while you are sleeping.  It makes sense if you think about it - all those greens and fiber and protein churning away while you saw some logs.  You wake up feeling light and fresh.  At least I do.  I am a total nerd, sorry!

This particular salad was inspired by an item that is sold at Trader Joe's (I just accidentally typed "hoes" and giggled).




Mmmmm....yummy!


Close Up!

INGREDIENTS:

greens (mixed butter lettuce, spinach, arugula, mesclun greens, etc)
beans (garbanzo, edamame, pinto, etc, I used edamame)
fruit (any or dried, I used dried cranberries and fresh apple)
carrots
cucumber
organic beets
nuts (any, I used raw,organic almond slivers)
goat cheese
dressing - my homemade balsamic vinaigrette


DIRECTIONS:

Throw everything in a bowl and mix well!

No comments:

Post a Comment