Monday, November 8, 2010

Fall = Pumpkin Bread

A couple years ago, my dear friend Ellen gave me a great recipe for Pumpkin Bread.  I made it the past two years.  This year I decided to "clean it up."  It is easy to make and the clean version actually, but not surprisingly, tastes better!  Enjoy!

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups canned pumpkin (I buy Libby's brand, it is 100% pumpkin, therefore 100% clean)
3 cups sugar (I used Turbinado sugar)
1 cup veg oil
1 cup water
4 eggs (organic, free range of course)
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (I used whole wheat flour)
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 tsp ground cloves

 INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Heat oven to 350.  In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs, water and veg oil.  Beat until well mixed (I use a hand mixer).

2. Measure flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and ground cloves in a separate bowl, then stir to combine.  Slowly add the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture.  Blend until smooth.

3. Grease four, 8x2x3 loaf pans (I buy the aluminum, disposable ones at the grocery store) and dust them with flour.  Evenly divide the batter between the pans.  Fill up about 2/3 of the way.  Bake for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick comes out of loaf clean.  Cool out of pan on counter top for 10-15 minutes.

(I double this recipe and make as many loaves as I can.  I give some of the loaves away and freeze some for later!  The bread is delicious even after being frozen.)

Clean Ingredients

Batter...Yum!



M was "snack girl" at preschool this week.  I made "clean" pumpking muffins.  The kids loved them!




This is my favorite picture.  You could eat the bread off the screen!  It really does taste as good as it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment