Saturday, November 6, 2010

Detox Water - By Jillian Michaels

After I had my second baby (3/30/09), I felt better than I did after having my first.  My recovery was easier and I knew that we were going to wait to have another baby for at least two years.  This meant I wanted to get fit and start feeling good about myself again.  Because when you are carrying 50 extra pounds with a pregnancy, you tend to feel chubby, unsexy and well just blah.  My friends from BabyCenter recommended something called The 30 Day Shred.  I started it and that is what catapulted me into this getting fit frenzy and eating right frenzy!  I saw results immediately!  I also fell in love with Jillian Michaels.  She is a bad ass!  More on her and The 30 Day Shred later.

Here is her recipe for Detox Water. It helps with digestion and detoxification, which are two important things for people who are trying to lose weight:

INGREDIENTS:

1 gallon of water (not purified because it usually has potassium sorbate in it)
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons cranberry juice (100% cranberries, nothing else)
2 Dandelion Root tea bags

Mix ingredients together and shake well.  Keep in the fridge and drink it all day (this is what I drink when I am at the gym).

No comments:

Post a Comment