Monday, June 6, 2011

Summer Sundays

As in the winter time, I love to cook on Sundays.  I have the whole day (usually) to prepare, it is stress free since M has the girls contained (LOL) and I can really enjoy cooking. 

My Nunni spent Sundays relaxing.  She was big on treating Sunday as a day of rest.  No one could cut the grass, no weeding, no trimming.  She did, however, cook on Sundays.  Those days of going over to her house and eating a Nunni meal are precious to me.  They are some of my fondest memories.  I miss her a lot and think about her quite a bit.  It still does not seem real to me that she is gone.

I feel the same way when I cook.  It is not laborious to me - I really, really enjoy cooking.  I love to make new things, find new recipes and try out new cuisine.

I had some ground Bison meat I wanted to use.  I bought it a few months ago at Giant Eagle Market District.  They have fresh Bison at the butcher but they also have some in the section where they sell the nitrite/nitrate free hot dogs, etc.  I made Bison burgers, corn on the cob and I also "cleaned out my fridge."  I took all the veggies that were in there and chopped them up, tossed them in Light Olive Oil and some Borsari (see picture below).  Very simple, fast and can be prepped ahead of time.

Enjoy!


Borsari (found it at McGinnis on 88)

Bison


Ground Bison with 1 Egg, a Little Parm Cheese and Borsari

Fresh Veggies Ready for Grill



Delicious!


Easy Peasy


Super Cold Corona Light


Goofy Goofer!

Ingredients:

1 pound Ground Bison
2 tsp (or to your taste) Borsari spice mixture divided
1 egg
1/2 cup Light Olive Oil
Red pepper
green pepper
yellow pepper
broccoli
red or white onion
zuchinni
yellow squash
1/4 cup green onions chopped
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
corn on the cob


Instructions:

Burgers:
  • Place ground Bison in large mixing bowl.  Crack 1 egg and mix together.  Add 1 tsp Borsari and parm cheese and mix well.  Set aside in fridge covered.  Turn on grill.
Veggies:
  • In a large mixing bowl, chop all veggies in large pieces.  Add green onion, 1 tsp Borsari and olive oil.  Toss well until all veggies are covered.  Place veggies in vegetable grilling pan.  Toss on hot grill repeatedly.  Be careful of the broccoli, it cooks very fast.
Corn on the Cob:
  • I have cooked corn on the grill several times, but yesterday I simply microwaved the cobs.  I wrap them in saran wrap and heat for about 4-5 minutes (Nunni did it this way).  I cooked 4 at a time yesterday.  Less then 4 only need about 3 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment